So here’s the final illustration - which I’m strangely happy with for some reason. I might need to plan out all my illustrations properly if this is the result. And I also to figure out how much of this process I can incorporate into actual client work, because I technically started this in December, and I don’t think almost two months to work on one illustration is an acceptable timeframe for actual jobs (especially those that require more than one illustration, i.e. most of my jobs). And I was working on it pretty consistently too so. . .
Just thought I’d share a WIP of that Jules Verne illustration. Also note my failed attempt at stretching the watercolour paper. . . Apart from that I’m pretty happy with the illustration. It’s a very different process from what I normally do - i.e. inking first and then painting, which can sometimes feel like painting in between the lines a bit - so we’ll see if I stick to this.
Just thought I would share a quick colour test that I did for my second attempt at my Jules Verne inspired illustration.
Also thought I’d share the annoying truth that working on sketches and roughs is so much more enjoyable than working on finals.
So this is technically an illustration I did for something particular, but I’m not exactly happy with it, so I thought I’d just upload this one here and do another (hopefully more successful) illustration for the other thing.
Just the next illustration for my Howl’s Moving Castle project. At this rate I’ll be done in a couple of years time. But still, I suppose that’s better than never finishing (which may still happen of course).